Monday, July 7, 2008

Breathe In, Breathe Out

Well, it's been a while since I've written anything. I was gone for two weeks in Colorado Springs for EDGE Corps training....which was amazing. I had the internet but sadly the blogger site was blocked. Oh well. I have tons of stuff to write about but I'll spare whoever reads this and stretch it out a bit.

Briefly, the few weeks of training were amazing, overwhelming, challenging and encouraging. It was great to have the opportunity to meet other individuals in the same situation that I am in: God kind of surprised me with this opportunity and my parents weren't super excited about it, which is similar to the situations of many others.
The training was just about perfect. I went in without many expectations and came out very glad that they taught us more than I thought I needed to know. All the information and new responsibilities are overwhelming but now I have tons of resources and realize that I am officially employed by the Navigators: I'm officially a staff member!!!

The location was amazing too. Learning all about the Navigator's heritage and feeling accepted into the entire Navigator family (not just the one at Mizzou) was....well, cool!!

Being back in Columbia is exciting and stressful. I'm technically working two full-time jobs. I'm still working at the lab until August 1st and I need to be fundraising full-time as well. I need to be at 75% of my budget by August 15th or I don't get to start on campus. It was kinda scary when they told us that....but I suppose its a real possibility.

So, I just need to take one day at a time; breathe in, breathe out and fall on God every second of every day!! Praise God, He's there for me!!!
This also means I probably won't be writing on here everyday....we'll see how busy they keep me at work.

2 Comments:

Blogger Along the way said...

Praying for you to reach 100% before you need 75%. You are going to be awesome I'm so excited to see you at work this coming fall!
I'm coming to columbia either the 18th and 19th or the 25 and 26 of this month, I'll keep you posted!

July 8, 2008 at 9:52 AM  
Blogger Korryn said...

Thank you so much!!! I would love to get to 100% by Aug 1st!!! Let me know when you get here (I'll be in Marionville the weekend of the 25th...if that changes your mind ;)

July 8, 2008 at 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home