Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Boredom

Soo......

I'm bored. I'm completely out of things to do at work.....wait...not true, I have several brains to section, but someone beat me to the cryostat and I must wait my turn. That delimma leaves me with no additional work to do. So what have I decided to do with the next few hours?

Well, sadly I can't read the Trusting God book that I'm going through since I left it at home because my bag was too heavily filled with other important materials.
My head hurts---I'm convinced I inhaled toxic cleaning materials while meeting with someone on my lunch break. And I don't think I have any other work to do.....if I do, I don't want to do it.
So I decided to read other people's blogs. Since the blogs that I subscribe to haven't been updated in a while, I was forced to search for other blogs to read. Its not entirely fun to read blogs by people I don't know. What's the genious solution to this delimma?!!? Search Facebook. Its amazing!! All you have to do is type in Blogspot or some other blogging website and it shows all the people who have a blogspot blog posted on their facebook page. The other convenient thing is when you click on the 'people' tab it shows the people you are friends with first. So all your facebook friends who post a blog on their page show up and you can read through each one.

I've observed quite a few things:
-some people write too much
-some people abandon thier blogs for months if not years at a time
-some poeple are more creative in thier blog layout than others
-the topics are interesting; some treat it like a journal, others a book review, others a political stance, some are filled with only poems/creative writing, and still others may serve as a missions update
-its a good way to catch up on the lives of old friends (you know, those you rarely talk to but you're still official facebook friends; or those you met several years ago on one summer trip and live forever away....so you never see them)

Anyway, its been entertaining!
If you'll excuse me I have more blogs to read.....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Korryn and some people write way to little... :)

August 6, 2008 at 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home