Friday, May 23, 2008

I am wwwaaaaaaayyy too efficient

So I work in a research lab that is very quiet, cold and gloomy where I sit surrounded by cinderblock walls and no windows nearby. It's kinda lame but the worst part is I'm quickly running out of work to do. Most of my work depends on the work of others. Usually there's an enormous pile of gels to be run, as I've finished my other work, I've been running gels day after day. I look at the end of today and there are two left. If I stretch it, that's only 4 hours of work. What am I going to do next week?!?! I'm going to have to pray for more work. Or just read a new book everyday.

I really, really try not to complain because from every other point of view this would be the best job ever. But I can't stand sitting around all day. You are supposed to do work at a job and get paid for it. For now I'll shut up, stick it out and get paid for nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home