Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Dream: Jan 18, 2011

I had a dream last night or really what I would call a vision.

I saw this baby - a toddler really, about 2-3 years old who was very dark and appeared to be from India or Nepal. I wish I could find a picture to represent this child I saw but really it wouldn't be fair to any of the children I found on Google photos. I may just have to paint it sometime. But imagine a small boy just old enough to lose some of that baby fat (almost too skinny), walking on his own, even able to dress himself. He had short black hair and looking into his face you could see determination.

This baby boy so desired to be a girl. It didn't make sense to me why, but he would do everything he could to make himself look like a girl. His parents wouldn't let his hair grow long and would only dress him as a boy but this urge in his heart drove him to fix his short hair as feminine as possible and somehow he would find dresses to change into.
He's 2-3 years old, how does he even have this thought!?

Even worse...or even further, he longed to be a prostitute. What!? I don't know if he had sisters or had seen prostitutes before, but deep in his heart he had this dark desire. His heart carried this perverted and warped longing to be sought out, pursued, and grabbed up by men whose own hearts were sick. It's not that he saw that it would be a great way to make money or that it was a choice he had to make. But everything in him drove him to leave his house and seek out any man who would desire him. He's 2-3 years old!!!! And he's driven to leave his loving family to be hurt, taken advantage of and bound in darkness because his desires are warped.

Oh, it makes my heart hurt. It brings me to tears. I've never seen anything like this.

But in one sense I have seen this before. Almost everyday.
As I spoke to God about this dream/vision I was reminded that this goes on in our hearts and this is how we can often look to Him. We know its not normal or healthy for this baby to have these warped desires - to want to be a girl rather than a boy or especially to want to be a prostitute. Each of us were created with holy desires to be loved, pursued, sought out and wanted. We were created with these so that God would satisfy those desires. However, the enemy comes in and speaks lies to us that we have to go out and satisfy these desires ourselves. He warps our thinking, takes hold of our desires and draws us to places or things that destroy our bodies, minds and souls. This is sin. This is entanglement and bondage. This is us being taken captive by the enemy. Part of us hates the action but another part of us longs for something and we become confused by our perverted longings.

Let us take these warped and perverted desires to Jesus that He might make them holy and satisfy them Himself.
LORD have Mercy!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home